Stella Rose passed away on Tuesday, April 3rd, after her parents learned just the day before that the cancer had returned and there was no treatment left to heal her.
It seems all too sudden having followed all their ups and downs since it all began last October. I had posted sometime ago to please pray for her family. They also lost a little girl back in 2007 after a few months of life to a strange heart issue. They were quite nervous and anxious about the decision to have another baby, but they had Stella Rose in March of 2009. They took extra steps when she was born; concerned she might have similar issues as Charlotte. They kept her away from visitors in the beginning for a few months, but they were blessed and she grew happy and healthy until they found out suddenly that the little 2 year old that seemed perfecting healthy to them actually had a brain tumor. I graduated from High School with Travis (Stella's Dad) and didn't really know him that well, but found out about this story and have followed it religiously since last October. I prayed for them often and really just felt this would end well because surely they didn't deserve to lose two daughters. It just seems so unfair.
I'm finding it hard to get over this and can't seem to stop thinking about this family, so I thought maybe writing about it would make me feel better. Not sure it worked, but if nothing else, the family could sure use a lot of prayers right now. Please pray for Amanda, Travis, and Davis. I can't imagine what they must be going through, and I pray that I never will.

No comments:
Post a Comment