This year for a change we took a road trip to San Antonio for Spring Break. I was a little nervous about the decision to drive that far with 2 kids in the car. In the back of my mind, I could already hear all the whiny and complaining you'd think typical of young kids on a long trip in the car. To my surprise, they actually did quite well. Dylan had his DS to entertain in the car, and Avery enjoyed coloring and occasionally napping in the car. And of course if all else failed, we just popped in a movie. Kids these days have it made. :)
We had such a great time on our trip. There is nothing I enjoy more than vacationing with my family. They are just so much fun. If only I could hit the lottery and just go on perpetual vacation....
We spent a couple of days taking in all the sights, rides, and shows at Sea World...
We also spent a day taking in the historic sites. We toured the Alamo and got some great pictures. Dylan really enjoyed the history at the Alamo. We watched a little film that told the story of the battles, and as it was playing he kept asking who won... Texas or Mexico. To which we kept replying... well are you in Texas or Mexico right now? :)
We also enjoyed took a boat ride on the River walk and had a great little lunch right on the river. It was SO nice and relaxing. Probably my favorite part of the trip... although I'm sure the kids preferred Sea World.
I didn't get any pictures of it, but the hotel we stayed at had an amazing pool that we all enjoyed several nights while there. On one of the nights there, Avery (the party animal of the family) did not want to leave the pool until absolutely necessary (it closed at 10:30 or so). Dylan and I were exhausted from a long day at Sea World and ready to get some much needed sleep. So, Brandon and Avery stayed at the pool until closing time. When they finally made it back up to the room, Ms Avery had a shirley temple in hand. Apparently, she found a drink she liked at the swim-up bar. It was so stinking cute... Her and her daddy had a great time that night!
No comments:
Post a Comment