| Teamwork at its finest... I think Dylan was as excited about Avery getting presents as he was about his own... What a good big brother! |
Santa brought Avery and Dylan brand new bikes straight from the North Pole, and the kids loved them.
Avery immediately started riding hers in the house around and around the kitchen island. Dylan tried - but he was clearly too big to do this. One of the advantages of being 3 years old I guess. I didn't expect Avery to really get much use out of hers until summer. I figured she would need to grow into it a little and learn how to use it the pedals and all... boy was I WRONG about that! She rode that bike like crazy most of the day until wrecking into the kitchen table - which promptly led to us moving the bike outdoors. It really wasn't wise to ride inside, but she was just having so much fun!
This was what the spread looked like on Christmas Eve (at midnight which is when Brandon and I finished putting everything together)...
And this is it after the kid's had done their work..
Santa also brought the kid's a trampoline! They were so excited. I had almost forgotten about it after all the excitement of opening all the other gifts. Brandon had to remind me that Dylan needed to check out back to see if it had snowed any yet. (The kids were on 'snow watch' all day on Christmas until it finally started and then wouldn't stop.)
When Dylan opened the blinds to check for snow he yelled,
"Oh my goodness, Santa brought us a trampoline!"
They immediately rushed up the stairs to get more clothes on so they could go out and jump.
We got some hilarious video of them as they realized that the 'white stuff' on the trampoline was actually ice. And, then as they quickly realized they wanted off and back inside ASAP.
It was WAY too cold for outdoor activities!!
| Notice how Avery is standing on the sides of her feet. The look on her face was priceless... frozen feet!! |
It was one amazing Christmas!! Can't wait to do it all again next year.
I know one day we will look back at these years and wish so bad we could go back and relive them again with the two most precious kids in all the world!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment